How about a no limits powerhouse? When this guy talks people listen. Last summer, when he helped me with my ride, all the way from Oakland, he had people in far away Elko, NV and Salt Lake City queuing up to get in synch with my ride because of him. Now he's driving the build out of our 2010 SF to Boston support vehicle, the 40 foot bus that ??the John E Vision PR Agency bought for our ride. And things are starting the happen because of him!!
Here's a little more about the man the city of Oakland respects so much they made him, Mr Bicycle Oakland in a special ceremony where he received the "plaque" shown in the photo above…..
- Hale from South Carolina
- Father of two young women
- Vietnam Veteran
- UC Berkeley Grad in Env. Design/Architecture 1981
- Very involved in energy efficiency, permaculture and green aspects of building.
- Contracted as space planner for AT&T Western Region 10 years
- Berkeley Unified School District Architect 5 years.
- Sacramento Regional Transit architect for extension to Folsom
- I became green in 1976 and continue to strive to produce projects that are energy efficient.
- Sierra Club Northern Alameda County Executive Committee in 2007
- co-founder Regional Urban Design Forum Committee of the American Institute of Architects – East Bay [AIAEB].
- Metropolitan Transportation Commission Pedestrian Safety Committee,
- East Bay Bicycle Coalition [EBBC]
- Oakland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee [BPAC]
- Oakland Measure DD Committee
- League Certified Instructor [LCI] of bicycle safety for the League of American Bicyclist [LAB].Post